Thursday, February 3, 2011

Historical Event

I awoke in a daze with a gauntlet of feet all around me; it felt more like a battle field than a concert. I was pulled to my feet by a man who was covered in a mix of sweat and mud, the smell was overwhelming. I looked to the stage that was 100 yards away and couldn't make out who was on stage but i recognized the song, it was purple haze the last song in his set lists. Then I remembered the reason I was here and instantly I started pushing though the sea of people. The song was nearing the end when I finally pushed through to the stage fence, it was to loud to just yell at him I knew it was essential to get closer. As he struck his last chord my adrenaline started pumping, the crowd erupted and pushed forward all cheering trying to touch him resulted in them sandwiching me against the front of the stage. he took his bow and began to exit, still struggling to push from the grasp of the crowd I gave a final push and at that moment a space freed, I threw myself up onto the chest high stage. I ran towards him dodging a tackle form security and got within yelling distance but I drew a blank as he turned and looked at me I stuttered on the words "September 18" he just nodded as if he understood. I felt a sharp pain and before I knew it I was thrown back into the crowd of Woodstock. My message was clear Jimmie Hendrix lived to 70 which was good considering his life style and didn't end up dieing from over dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment